Subject: AMAST'96 Call for Systems Demonstrations

From: [email-masked] (Pippo Scollo)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 00:54:25 +0100

=======================================================================

[With apologies if you get this announcement more than once. G. Scollo]

[A Postscript version of this announcement is available on the AMAST'96
 WWW page, at URL: http://www.pst.informatik.uni-muenchen.de/amast96/ ]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

                    Call for Systems Demonstrations

                   Fifth International Conference on
             Algebraic Methodology and Software Technology

              AMAST '96, July 1-5, 1996, Munich, Germany

Goals

The major goal of the AMAST Conferences are to put software development
technology on a firm, mathematical foundation.  Particular emphasis is
given to algebraic and logical foundations of software technology.  An
eventual goal is to establish algebraic and logical methodology as a
practically viable and attractive alternative to the prevailing ad-hoc
approaches to software engineering.

Previous meetings of AMAST were held at the University of Iowa (1989
and 1991), the University of Twente (1993) and Concordia University of
Montreal (1995).  During these meetings, AMAST has attracted European
and American researchers and practitioners interested in software  
technology, programming methodology and their algebraic and logical
foundations. In addition, the first day of each conference has been
dedicated to Mathematics Education for Software Engineers.

Following this successful trend, the fifth AMAST International  
Conference will be held at the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitat, Munich,
Germany, from July 1 to July 5, 1996.

Submissions

As in the previous years we invite submissions of system demonstrations
showing the improved effectiveness of software developed on a
mathematical basis.

The topics of interest include, but not limited to, the following:

SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENTS			

SUPPORT FOR CORRECT  SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT

SYSTEM SUPPORT FOR REUSE

TOOLS FOR PROTOTYPING, VALIDATION AND VERIFICATION

THEOREM PROVING SYSTEMS

We invite prospective authors to submit 6 copies of system demo 
proposals (4 double spaced pages maximum) in an area relevant to the
conference theme. Papers should provide adequate information for the
reviewers to assess the significance and anticipated impact of the
system on software technology. All submissions must be sent to the
program chair at the address below; the proposals must be received by
January 15, 1996 (new extended deadline).

        Martin Wirsing		
        AMAST'96 Program Chair					 
        Institut fur Informatik					 
        Universitat Munchen					 
        Leopoldstr. 11B
        D-80802 Munchen, Germany
Phone:  ++49/89/ 2180-6317
Fax:    ++49/89/ 2180-6310
e-mail: [email-masked]

General Chair: Maurice Nivat (France)					 
Program Chair:  Martin Wirsing (Germany)	

Program Committee:

Martin Abadi (USA), V.S. Alagar (Canada), Egidio Astesiano (Italy), 
Didier Begay (France), Gregor Bochmann (Canada), Chris Brink (South
Africa), Bruno Buchberger (Austria), Kokichi Futatsugi (Japan), Harald 
Ganzinger (Germany), Nicolas Halbwachs (France), Armando Haeberer 
(Brazil), Yoshi Inagaki (Japan), Paola Inverardi (Italy), Mike Johnson 
(Australia), Helene Kirchner (France), Tom Maibaum (Great Britain),
Jan Maluscinsky (Sweden), Jose Meseguer (USA), Peter Mosses (Denmark), 
Rocco De Nicola (Italy), Anton Nijholt (Netherlands), Fernando Orejas
(Spain), R. Ramanujam (India), Charles Rattray (Great Britain), Teodor 
Rus (USA), Giuseppe Scollo (Netherlands), R.K. Shyamasundar (India), 
Andrzej Tarlecki (Poland), Herbert Weber (Germany).

Organizing Committee:

Chair and Finances: Martin Wirsing

Tools and Demos: Christian Baur (Germany)

Publicity:

Charles Rattray (UK), V.S. Alagar (Canada), Michel Bidoit (France),
Jacques Printz (France), Teo Rus (USA), Giuseppe Scollo (Netherlands).

Local Arrangements: Rolf Hennicker, Marianne Diem

Invited Speakers

To achieve the goal of the conference we aim to provide a forum in 
which leading researcher in mathematics, computer science, and software
development will come together to identify algebraic and logical 
methodologies that are applicable as viable alternatives to the present
software development approaches and to discuss the appropriateness of 
such alternatives with a view to implementation.  Invited speakers, 
with a tentative indication of the topic areas, include

Manfred Broy (Programming Methodology),
Jose Fiadeiro (Algebraic and Logical Foundations),
Rick Hehner (Programming Methodology), 
Doug Smith (Software Development).

Important Dates:

Submission of System Demo Proposals:                 December 15, 1995
Notification of Acceptance/Rejection:                 February 1, 1996
Camera-ready Version of Accepted System Demo Proposals: March 15, 1996
Submission of Student Research Papers:                    June 1, 1996
Education Day:                                            July 1, 1996
Conference Days:                                        July 2-5, 1996

(Proceedings will be published by Springer-Verlag)

Further Information:

For bulletins on current status of the conference:
http://www.pst.informatik.uni-muenchen.de/konferenzen
[email-masked]

Tools and Demos: [email-masked]

Registration: [email-masked]

Local Arrangements: [email-masked]

For subscribing to the AMAST'96 mailing list:  
[email-masked]