From: Jean-Michel ROQUE <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 1995 21:45:19 -0400

Dear Colleague:

Please find below the HPCS'95 final program (in English and in French).

Regards,

J.-M. Roque

----------

Cher collegue:

Veuillez trouver ci-dessous le programme final (en Anglais et en
Francais) de la conference HPCS'95.

Cordialement,

J.-M. Roque

***********************************************************************
********** English ****************************************************
***********************************************************************

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
-								      -
=	#     # ######   #####   #####    ###    #####  #######	      =
-	#     # #     # #     # #     #   ###   #     # #	      -
=	#     # #     # #       #          #    #     # #	      =
-	####### ######  #        #####    #      ###### ######	      -
=	#     # #       #             #               #       #	      =
-	#     # #       #     # #     #         #     # #     #	      -
=	#     # #        #####   #####           #####   #####	      =
-								      -
=		High Performance Computing Symposium'95		      =
-	      The Queen Elizabeth Hotel, Montreal, Canada	      -
=			  July 10 - 12, 1995			      =
-								      -
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

High performance  computing is key to solving  today's most challenging
computational problems  such as advanced  numerical simulations,  large
-scale CFD, 3D animation, interactive imaging, large  network optimiza-
tion, complex drug design, genome analysis, massive data handling, etc.
These applications require enormous  computational power, massive memo-
ries and  fast communication media using  state-of-the- art technology.
At the  same time, the  ever increasing complex  hardware must  be made
usable through  advanced software, including  sophisticated but easy-to
-use compilers and performance visualization tools.

High Performance Computing Symposium'95 (HPCS'95)  is gathering specia-
lists from various fields involved in high performance computing to ex-
change their  results, experiences and  ideas. These include engineers,
scientists and users of  parallel computers, parallel  computer develo-
pers/vendors and computer scientists.

The conference is being  organized, this year, by the Centre de recher-
che informatique de Montreal (CRIM) under the sponsorship of Super*Can,
the Canadian  association for high performance computing and communica-
tion. It is the continuation of previously held Supercomputing Symposia
that  have taken place annually  in Canada  since 1987.  Last year, the
conference which was called  SS'94 was held in Toronto. This year, IEEE
Montreal is helping us to make our event the greatest success.

An international committee  was put in place to select the best submis-
sions. About half of the papers were selected for the regular sessions,
while a fifth where accepted as posters. The result is a  collection of
high-quality papers published in the proceedings of the conference.

***********************************************************************
* KEY-NOTE ADRESSES						      *
***********************************************************************

+ Dr. J. Gerrard, Industry Canada, Secretary of State for Science,
		  Research and Development

+ R. Crossan, R. Crossan Consulting

  "Review of the CITI (Industry Canada) Study on HPC"

+ Dr. C. Pancake, University of Oregon

  "Why Is There Such a Mis-Match Between User Needs and Parallel Tools ?"

+ Dr. G. Fox, University of Syracuse

  "HPC at the Crossroads - Academic Niche or will Web Applications and  
   Technologies lead to an Economic Development Cornucopia?"

***********************************************************************
* MORE INFORMATION						      *
***********************************************************************

For more information about HPCS'95 consult the World Wide Web site:

	http://www.crim.ca/Domaines_Services/APAR/

or if you have any questions contacts the Conference Secretary.

***********************************************************************
* HOTEL RESERVATION						      *
***********************************************************************

The Queen Elizabeth
900 West Rene-Levesque Blvd.
Montreal, PQ, Canada, H3B 4A5

Tel:   1-514-861-3511

Tel:   1-800-441-1414 (Canada, USA)

Fax:   1-514-954-2258

Room Rate: $99.00  single or  double. Room reservation  should be  made
under  the name HPCS'95 in order to secure the  group rate given above.
13.5% will be added  to the above room rates, but  7% is GST, which can
be rebatable to visitors to Canada.

Room Release Date: June 23, 1995. Any  rooms not reserved  at that time
will be  released for general sale to the public.  Additional rooms for
HPCS'95 will be accepted on a space and rate availability basis.

IMPORTANT - The  Montreal Jazz Festival  will be  held from June  29 to
July 9, 1995. Book your hotel room as soon as possible.

***********************************************************************
* REGISTRATION							      *
***********************************************************************

Advanced Registration:

  - Before June 23, 1995

Late Registration:

  - After June 23, 1995

Please see registration form for conference fee breakdown. Registration
fees include conference attendance, three breakfast, three lunches, one
banquet,  one copy  of the  conference  proceedings,  and  a  Super*Can
membership.

Please send your registration form to the conference secretary.

***********************************************************************
* ORGANIZING COMMITTEE						      *
***********************************************************************

Program and Conference Chair:
-----------------------------

Dr. V. Van Dongen, CRIM
1801 McGill College Avenue, suite 800
Montreal, PQ, Canada, H3A 2N4

E-mail:   [email-masked]
Tel: 	  1-514-398-5404
Fax:	  1-514-398-1244

Industry and Vendors Chair:
---------------------------

R. Crossan, R. Crossan Consulting
5930 Cote de Liesse
Mont-Royal, PQ, Canada, H4T 1E1

E-mail:   [email-masked]
Tel: 	  1-514-747-5045

Administration Chair:
---------------------

A. Levesque, CRIM
1801 McGill College Avenue, suite 800
Montreal, PQ, Canada, H3A 2N4

E-mail:   [email-masked]
Tel: 	  1-514-398-1311
Fax:	  1-514-398-1244 

Conference Secretary:
---------------------

C. Legare, CRIM
1801 McGill College Avenue, suite 800
Montreal, PQ, Canada, H3A 2N4

E-mail:   [email-masked]
Tel: 	  1-514-398-1234
Fax:	  1-514-398-1244 

***********************************************************************
* PROGRAM COMMITTEE						      *
***********************************************************************

F. Andre (IRISA - Rennes, France)
M. Annaratone (DEC - Maynard, USA)
C. Baru (IBM Toronto Labs - Toronto, Canada)
L. Bauwens (U. of Calgary, Calgary, Canada)
F. Bodin (IRISA - Rennes, France)
U. Bruening (GMD - Berlin, Germany)
B. Chaib-Draa (U. Laval - Quebec, Canada)
T. Crainic (CRT - Montreal, Canada)
M. Dayde (ENSEEIHT-IRIT - Toulouse, France)
R. Duquette (IREQ - Varennes, Canada)
P. Feautrier (U. de Versailles - Paris, France)
M. Feeley (U. de Montreal - Montreal, Canada)
D. Gannon (Indiana U. - Indiana, USA)
G.R. Gao (McGill U. - Montreal, Canada)
B. Goulard (U. de Montreal - Montreal,  Canada)
W. Habashi (Concordia U. and CERCA - Montreal, Canada)
H. Hum (Concordia U. - Montreal, Canada)
L. Mason (INRS - Montreal, Canada)
S. Miguet (LIP - Lyon, France)
R. Noumeir (ETS - Montreal, Canada)
B. O'Farrell (IBM - Toronto, Canada)
N. Paris (Hyperparallel - Paris, France)
Y. Robert (LIP - Lyon, France)
J.-F. Rotge (U. de Montreal - Montreal, Canada)
Y. Savaria (E. Polytechnique - Montreal, Canada)
A. Schaffer (Rice - Houston, USA)
A. Singh (U. of Waterloo - Waterloo, Canada)
A. Skorek (UQTR - Trois-Rivieres, Canada)
S. Thomas (RPN - Dorval, Canada)
B. Tourancheau (LIP - Lyon, France)
G. Vezina (CRDV - Quebec, Canada)
G.T. Vuong (HQ - Montreal, Canada)

***********************************************************************
* INDUSTRY AND VENDORS CHAIR					      *
***********************************************************************

At this year's high performance computing symposium, the organizers are
making special efforts to include activities of interest to representa-
tives of industry.

As you will observe from the  enclosed Preliminary Program, the techni-
cal papers are focused, as always, on university and research laborato-
ry projects. These papers, presented by  a talented international group
of researchers, should  be of  interest to scientists  and engineers in
industry, as they provide an opportunity to observe the interesting new
developments taking place in HPC research facilities.

However, we are  supplementing these research  papers with  a series of
industry presentations  that describe the  real-world problems that are
being solved today with existing  HPC tools and techniques. In fact, we
still welcome additional individuals from the private sector to contact
us if they have interesting applications to share with their colleagues
at the conference.

The opening  key-note address will  be delivered  by Dr.  Jon  Gerrard,
Secretary of State for Science, Research and Development. His discourse
will certainly  concentrate on the  beneficial economic impact of adop-
ting HPC technology  to improve the competitiveness  of Canadian indus-
try. This address will be immediately followed by a presentation by Ron
Crossan, who  will summarize the discoveries of the Canadian  HPC study
conducted  by his  firm on behalf of  CITI, the Centre  for Information
Technology  Innovation -- an  applied research  laboratory of  Industry
Canada. The presentation will also  highlight the  recommendations that
were developed by  anadvisory committee of 16 stakeholders representing
industry, academia and government from all regions of Canada. This talk
will also compare the usage  of HPC technology in Canada with the U.S.,
Europe and Japan.

During the three day symposium there  will be a separate track of pres-
entations  --  in parallel  with  the technical  papers  --  given  by:
(i) industry users,  who will  discuss applications  and the  HPC tools
employed  and  (ii) vendors, who  will present  hardware, software  and
communications products  and provide their  vision of future technology
trends. There will  also be a  vendor exhibit area where  attendees can
learn more about the latest products of each vendor.

Finally, it is important to note that this year's symposium is directed
towards "high performance computing and  communications" as  opposed to
"supercomputing". We have chosen  the HPC terminology as it encompasses
a  broad  spectrum of technology, while supercomputing usually is asso-
ciated with very  large, expensive mainframe-class  vector machines. We
intend this  seminar to cover  the complete  spectrum of  computing and
communications  platforms  that  could   be  applied  to  distinctively
Canadian  grand  challenges  -- from  high  performance  multiprocessor
workstations  to the  entire range  of massively  parallel  and  vector
processors. We also plan to include discussion of novel applications of
HPC technology for commercial applications. In this category we include
data  warehousing and  data mining  with parallel  database systems, as
well as  very large scalable  digital media  servers for  dissemination
engines on  the  information highway. A  most interesting talk  will be
given at the closing luncheon by  Geoffrey Fox, the founder of InfoMall
USA at the Syracuse Northeast Parallel Architecture Center. InfoMall is
an industry outreach program which  transfers HPC technology to private
industry, primarily for commercial multimedia applications. The program
has  attracted  over 60 members, the majority  coming  from the private
sector companies.

In  summary, the  HPCS'95  organizers  have made a  serious  effort  to
include  activities of  interest to industry. The efforts will only pay
off if industry  representatives  attend  and play an  active  role. We
encourage  you to send  in  your completed registration before June 15,
1995.

***********************************************************************
* EXHIBITION							      *
***********************************************************************

Monday and tuesday:	opened from 10am to 18pm

Wednesday:		opened from 10am to 13pm

***********************************************************************
* HPCS'95 PRELIMINARY PROGRAM					      *
***********************************************************************

Monday 10, 1995
===============

8:00 - 9:00	Breakfast & Registration

9:00 - 9:30	Opening Session				     G.R. Gao

* Welcoming Remarks

   Dr. V. Van Dongen

* Keynote Adress
   
  Dr. J. Gerrard

9:30 - 10:00	Invited Speaker

* Review of the CITI (Industry Canada) Study on HPC

   Ron Crossan

10:00 -	10:30	Break
		  sponsored by ALEX Informatics Inc.

10:30 - 12:00	Research Presentations I

Data and Computation Distribution			       F. Andre
---------------------------------

* Global Optimization of Data Mapping and Task Scheduling On Parallel
  Machines Using Concurrent Model-based Programming

  R. Lassajoux, C. Guetier and J. Jourdain, Thomson-CSF, France
                                
* Automatic Mapping of Scans and Reductions     

  M. Barreteau and P. Feautrier, laboratoire PRiSM, University of
    Versailles, France

* An approach for Array Placement for Large Scientific Programs

  J.-Y. Berthou, M. Raji-Werth and P. Feautrier laboratoire PRiSM,
    University of Versailles, France      

CFD							      A. Skorek
---

* Remote Computation and Visualization of Detonations using the
  Canadian NTN Testbed

  L. Bauwens and D. Williams, University of Calgary, Canada

* Parallel Complexity of CFD: Reassessment and Implications

  G. Chukkapalli and S. Karpik, University of Toronto, Canada

* Relativistic Computational Fluid Dynamics - Parallel Implementation
  of Essentially Non-oscillatory Shock Capturing Schemes

  A. Dolezal and S.S.M. Wong, University of Toronto, Canada    

12:00 - 14:00	Lunch
		  sponsored by HNSX Supercomputers Inc.

14:00 - 15:00	Research Presentations II

Interconnection Network					      M. Le Fur
-----------------------

* The LANL Cross Bar Interface:  Functions and Performance

  R. Thomsen and C. Idler, Los Alamos National Laboratory, USA

* The W-Network:  A Low-Cost Fault-Tolerant Multistage Interconnection
  Network for Fine-Grain Multiprocessing

  Kevin B. Theobald, McGill University, Canada

Numerical Linear Algebra				      S. Thomas
------------------------

* A Family of Parallel QR Factorization Algorithms

  M. Pascale and G.G.L. Meyer, Johns Hopkin Engineering, USA

* Integrated communication and computation for a Jacobi- like
  eigensolver on a 2D grid

  M. Pourzandi and B. Tourancheau, laboratoire LIP, ENS-Lyon, France           

15:00 - 15:30	Break
		  sponsored by IBM Canada Ltd.

15:30 - 18:00	Accepted posters

* A Comparison of the Communication Performance of Express and PVM on
  High-Performance Architectures

  I. Ahmad, M.Y. Bazarwala and Y.-C. Wong, Hong Kong University of Science
    & Technology, China

* High Performance Protocol Implementation for Flexible Quality of
  Service (QoS)

  I. Miloucheva and B. Metzler, Technical University of Berlin, Germany

* Parallel Dense Linear System Solvers and Parallel Benchmarking

  S.W. Song and R.E. Baddour, Institute for Marine Dynamics, Canada

* Parallel Implementation of Fractal Image Compression on KSR1

  H. Lin and A.N. Venetsanopoulos, University of Toronto, Canada

* Parallel Algorithms For Solving Large Systems of Linear Equations By
  The Method Of Projections Onto Convex Sets

  G.E. Mailloux and R. Lemieux, Hopital du Sacre-Coeur, Canada

* Numerical simulation of HCN in an intense laser field

  C. Dion, S. Chelkowski and A.D. Bandrauk, University of Sherbrooke, Canada  

* Execution and Communication Modeling for Scheduling Low Level
  Computer Vision Algorithms on Networks of Heterogeneous Machines

  A.R. Nolan, B. Everding and W. Wee, University of Cincinnati, USA

* Array Data Layout for the Reduction of Cache Conflicts in Loop Nests

  N. Manjikian and T. Abdelrahman, University of Toronto, Canada

* Loop Transformation Algorithm to Efficiently Insert Prefetching
  Instructions

  S.-J. Hwang and M.-S. Park, Korea University, South Korea

* Efficient Graphical Applications on a Distributed Computing
  Environment

  M. Hamdi and F.M. Lim , Hong Kong University of Science & Technology, China

* Genetic Algorithms Applied to Routing Optimization in K-ary N-cubes

  F.J. Gonzalez, J.S. Suarez and F.J. Rodriguez, University of Vigo, Spain

* A Performance Model for the CM5

  J.J. Carring Jr and G.G.L. Meyer, John Hopkins University, USA

* Contention Minimization in Regular Wormhole Routing Networks

  U.H. Nguyen, H. Hosseinie and L. Tao, Concordia University, Canada

* Large scale numerical modeling of postglacial rebound Part 2: Model
  validation

  Z. Ni and P. Wu, University of Calgary, Canada 

* A Process Migration and Load Management Tool

  C. Scheurer, H. Scheurer and P.G. Kropf, Universite‚ Laval, Canada

Tuesday 11, 1995
================

8:00 - 9:00	Breakfast & Registration
		  sponsored by Cray Research (Canada) Inc.

9:00 - 10:00	Speaker

* Why is There Such a Mis-Match Between User Needs and Parallel Tools?

  Dr. C. Pancake

10:00 - 10:30	Break
		  sponsored by Digital Equipment of Canada Ltd.

10:30 - 12:00	Research Presentations I

Special Compiler Modules				     C. Bonello
------------------------
	
* Distributed Array Management for HPF Compilers

  Y. Maheo and J.-L. Pazat, IRISA, France          

* Scanning Parameterized Polyhedron using Fourier Motzkin Elimination

  M. Le Fur, IRISA, France                              

* The Design and Implementation of the Accurate Array Data-flow
  Analysis in the HPC Compiler

  R. Wen, G.R. Gao and V. Van Dongen, McGill University and CRIM, Canada       

Scientific Applications					     L. Bauwens
-----------------------

* Finite Element Modelling for Marine Electromagnetic Petroleum
  Exploration

  T.T. Boyce and I.J. Ferguson, University of Manitoba, Canada            

* The Skyrme Model on a Lattice

  K. Li and S.S.M. Wong, University of Toronto, Canada                                      

* Collisions of Solutions of Nonlinear Classical Theories of Complex
  Scalar Fields on a 64-transputer MIMD machine

  M. Sanielevici and P. Valin, Universite de Montreal, Canada                    

12:00 - 14:00	Lunch
		  sponsored by Silicon Graphics
		  D. Egan, Supercomputing in the America's Cup

14:00 - 15:00	Research Presentations II 

ATM								 H. Hum	
---

* Converting Multiple OC-3c ATM Streams to HIPPI to Drive   an HDTV
  Frame Buffer From a Workstation Cluster

  D.E. Tolmie, A.G. Dornhoff and A.J. Dubois, Los Alamos National
    Laboratory, USA

* An Overview of Cell-Level ATM Network Simulation

  G. Kesidis and A. Singh, University of Waterloo, Canada

Load Balancing in 3D Imaging				      G. Vezina	
----------------------------

* Load Balancing for a Parallel Radiosity Algorithm

  W. Sturzlinger, G. Schaufler and J. Volkert, GUP Linz, Austria       

* A load-balanced parallel implementation of the Marching- Cubes

  S. Miguet and J.-M. Nicod, laboratoire LIP, ENS-Lyon, France

15:00 - 15:30	Break
		  sponsored by Cray Research (Canada) Inc.

15:30 - 17:00	Research Presentations III

Parallel Imaging and Visualization			      S. Miguet
----------------------------------

* A library for Visualization and Steering of Distributed Simulations
  using PVM and AVS

  J.A. Kohl and P.M. Papadopoulos, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA

* Comparison of Parallel Reconstruction Algorithms for 3D X-Ray
  Tomography on MIMD Computers

  C. Laurent, F. Peyrin and J.-M. Chassery, laboratoire TIMC-IMAG, France

* Visibility Analysis on a Massively Data-Parallel Computer

  D. Germain, G. Vezina and D. Laurendeau, Universite Laval and Defence
    Research Establisment Valcartier, Canada

Non-Numerical Applications				  B. Chaib-Draa
--------------------------
	
* A Practical Algorithm for Integer Sorting on a Mesh- Connected
  Computers

  N. Folwell, S. Guha and I. Suzuki, University of Wisconsin, USA

* Multiple Principal Variation Splitting Search

  T.A. Marsland, Y. Gao, A. Reinefeld and A. Yonezawa, University of
    Alberta, Canada

* Analysis and Taxonomy of Skew in Parallel Databases

  K.H. Liu, Y. Jiang and C.H.C. Leung, TERABYTE DATABASE Group, Victoria
    University of Technology, Australia

18:00 - 23:00	Invited Speaker and Banquet

Wednesday 12, 1995
==================

8:00 - 9:00	Breakfast

9:00 - 10:00	Research Presentation I

Routing							    R. Duquette
-------

* Performance Analysis of Wormhole-Routed Hypergraph and Multi-Stage
  Interconnection Networks

  M. Ould-Khaoua, L.M. Machenzie and R. Sotudeh, University of Teesside, UK

* Direction-First e-cube: A New Routing Algorithm for k-ary n-cube
  Networks

  E. Demaine and S. Srinivas, Dalhousie University, Canada

Dedicated Parallel Architectures			     Y. Savaria
--------------------------------

* High-Performance Computing Using a Reconfigurable Accelerator

  R.W. Hartenstein, R. Kress and H. Reinig, University of Kaiserslautern,
    Germany

* A Codesign Methodology for High Performance Embedded Systems

  M. Langevin, J. Wilberg, P. Ploger and H.-T. Vierhaus, GMD-SET, Germany

10:00 - 10:30	Break
		  sponsored by Convex Computer Canada Ltd.

10:30 - 12:00	Research Presentations II 

Performance Measurement					       A. Singh
-----------------------

* A Tuple-Space Methodology to Reveal Parallelism and Achieve High
  Performance in Computation

  P. Chen and E.V. Krishnamurt, Australian National University, Australia

* Parallel Performance Measures revisited

  I. Chabini and B. Gendron, Centre de recherche sur les transports,
    Universite de Montreal, Canada

* Visualization, Execution Control and Replay of Massively Parallel
  Programs within Annai's Debugging Tool

  C. Clemencon, J. Fritscher and R. Ruhl, Swiss Scientific Computing
    Center, Switzerland

Problem Decomposition and Data Distribution		       M. Dayde
-------------------------------------------

* Analysis of Grid Partitioning Techniques for an Ocean Model

  M. Konchady, Goddard Space Flight Center, USA

* Dynamic load balancing in a parallel particle simulation

  S. Miguet and J.-M. Pierson, laboratoire LIP, ENS-Lyon, France

* Parallelizing a powerful Monte Carlo method for electron beam dose
  calculations

  W. Volken, P. Kropf, H. Neuenschwander and P. Schwab, Universite Laval,
    Canada

12:00 - 14:00	Lunch, Closing Session and Invited Speaker

* HPC at the Crossroads - Academic Niche or will Web Applications and
  Technologies lead to an Economic Development Cornucopia ?

  Dr. G. Fox

***********************************************************************
* HPCS'95 REGISTRATION FORM					      *
***********************************************************************

			Registration Form

Name:	_______________________________________________________________	
	First name	              Last name

Status (*):	__ Participant  __ Student  __ Exhibitor

Affiliation:	_______________________________________________________	

Address:	_______________________________________________________
	
City:		____________________	Postal Code:	_______________

Country:	____________________	E-mail:	 ______________________

Telephone:	____________________	Fax:     ______________________

Special needs:  _______________________________________________________

Registration Fee:
=================

	   Regular Advance Registration - Before June 23th

                 $ 295.00
               + $  20.65      Federal tax
               + $  20.52      Provincial Tax
                 --------
                 $ 336.17      Total

           Regular On-Site Registration - Before June 23th

                 $ 395.00
               + $  27.65      Federal tax
               + $  27.47      Provincial Tax
                 --------
                 $ 450.12      Total

           Student Advance Registration - Before June 23th

                 $  95.00
               + $   6.65      Federal tax
               + $   6.61      Provincial Tax
                 --------
                 $ 108.26      Total

           Student On-Site Registration - Before June 23th

                 $ 145.00
               + $  10.15      Federal tax
               + $  10.08      Provincial Tax
                 --------
                 $ 165.23      Total

           Extra ticket for banquet

                 $  50.00
               + $   3.50      Federal tax
               + $   3.48      Provincial Tax
                 --------
                 $  56.98      Total

        * CRIM membership credit is not applicable for this conference

	* no tax credits are applicable for this conference

	* no reimbursement will be allowed

	* all prices are in Canadian dollars, cheque, money order, VISA
	  or Master Card payable to CRIM, indicating that it is for
	  HPCS'95 Conference.

	* registration includes 3 breakfast, 3 lunches and the
	  conference banquet as well as Super*Can membership

	* GST (R100884675)

	* PST (1006405599-TQ001)

Payment:	__ Cheque  __ Money Order  __ VISA  __ Master Card

>> Please make cheque and money order payable to CRIM

If you are using a VISA/Master Card, please fill the following section:

VISA/Master Card number:	_______________________________________

Expires:			__ __ / __ __

Authorized Signature:		_______________________________________

Date:				_______________________________________

>> REGISTRATION IS GUARANTEED ONLY UPON PAYMENT

Please complete and return to:

	Chantal Legare, CRIM
	1801 McGill College Avenue, suite 800
	Montreal, PQ, Canada, H3A 2N4

	E-mail:	[email-masked]
	Tel:	1-514-398-1234
	Fax:	1-514-398-1244 

***********************************************************************
********** Francais ***************************************************
***********************************************************************

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
-								      -
=	#     # ######   #####   #####    ###    #####  #######	      =
-	#     # #     # #     # #     #   ###   #     # #	      -
=	#     # #     # #       #          #    #     # #	      =
-	####### ######  #        #####    #      ###### ######	      -
=	#     # #       #             #               #       #	      =
-	#     # #       #     # #     #         #     # #     #	      -
=	#     # #        #####   #####           #####   #####	      =
-								      -
=		High Performance Computing Symposium'95		      =
-               Hotel Reine Elisabeth, Montreal, Canada               -
=                         10 - 12 juillet 1995                        =
-								      -
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Le  calcul haute  performance se  presente  comme l'element  clef  pour
resoudre les  problemes  les plus complexes auxquels  nous faisons face
aujourd'hui: la  simulation numerique avancee, la resolution de proble-
mes d'ecoulement de grande taille, l'animation 3D,  l'imagerie interac-
tive,  l'optimisation de grands  reseaux, la conception  de medicaments
complexes,  l'analyse  du genome, le  traitement de  grosses banques de
donnees, etc.  Toutes ces  applications  necessitent une  puissance  de
calcul  considerable, une enorme  capacite de  stockage et un reseau de
communication a  haut debit a la fine  pointe de la technologie.  Il en
resulte  des architectures  materielles de  plus en  plus sophistiquees
dont la performance  ne peut etre pleinement exploitee que par l'utili-
sation de  logiciels avances tels  que  des compilateurs optimisants et
des outils de visualisation de performance.

La conference  High Performance Computing  Symposium'95  (HPCS'95) ras-
semble  les specialistes de tous  les domaines touchant, d'une facon ou
d'une autre, au  calcul haute  performance afin d'echanger leurs resul-
tats,  leurs experiences  et leurs  idees. Ceci inclut  aussi  bien les
ingenieurs, les scientifiques et autres utilisateurs de machines paral-
leles que les developpeurs, constructeurs et informaticiens.

La  conference est  organisee  cette annee  par le Centre  de recherche
informatique de  Montreal (CRIM) avec le  soutien de Super*Can, l'Asso-
ciation  Canadienne pour le Calcul  et les Communications de Haute Per-
formance. Cette conference fait suite aux symposiums sur le supercalcul
qui  ont lieu annuellement au  Canada depuis  1987.  L'annee passee, la
conference,  appelee alors  SS'94, s'est  tenue a Toronto. Cette annee,
IEEE Montreal participe a notre evenement pour en assurer le succes.

Un comite de programme international a ete mis en place pour selection-
ner  les meilleurs  soumissions. Environ la  moitie  des communications
furent  selectionnees pour  les sessions  regulieres, alors qu'un cinq-
uieme furent acceptees comme poster. Le resultat de cette selection est
une collection  de communications  de grande  qualite publiee  dans les
actes de la conference.

***********************************************************************
* CONFERENCIERS INVITES						      *
***********************************************************************

+ Dr. J. Gerrard, Industry Canada, Secretaire d'etat pour la science,
		  recherche et developpement

+ R. Crossan, R. Crossan Consulting

  "Review of the CITI (Industry Canada) Study on HPC"

+ Dr. C. Pancake, Universite de l'Oregon

  "Why Is There Such a Mis-Match Between User Needs and Parallel Tools ?"

+ Dr. G. Fox, Universite de Syracuse

  "HPC at the Crossroads - Academic Niche or will Web Applications and  
   Technologies lead to an Economic Development Cornucopia?"

***********************************************************************
* INFORMATIONS							      *
***********************************************************************

Pour obtenir plus  d'informations sur  HPCS'95, veuillez  consulter  le
site "Wold  Wide Web" suivant:

	http://www.crim.ca/Domaines_Services/APAR/

Si  vous avez des questions supplementaires, veuillez  contactez le se-
cretariat de la conference.

***********************************************************************
* HOTEL								      *
***********************************************************************

Le Reine Elizabeth
900 Boul. Rene Levesque ouest
Montreal, PQ, Canada, H3Bÿ4A5

Tel.:		1-514-861-3511
Tel.:		1-800-441-1414 (Canada, USA)
Telecopie:	1-514-954-2258

Tarif: 99 $ (prix  hors taxe) pour  une chambre  simple, ou double. Les
reservations  doivent  etre effectuees  sous  le nom "HPCS'95"  afin de
beneficier du tarif preferenciel  accorde  aux conferenciers  assistant
a HPCS'95. Le total des  taxes s'eleve a 13,5%. Les visiteurs etrangers 
peuvent obtenir un remboursement de la taxe federale qui est de 7%.

Les  chambres retenues pour  HPCS'95  et non encore  reservees  par des
conferenciers a  la date  du 23  juin  1995  seront liberees  pour  les
clients  de l'hotel  Reine Elisabeth. Apres cette date,  la reservation
des  chambres  s'effectuera selon  les  prix et  les  disponibilites de
l'hotel.

IMPORTANT - Le Festival de  Jazz de Montreal se tiendra du 29 juin au 9
juillet 1995. Veuillez reserver vos chambres le plus tot possible.

***********************************************************************
* INSCRIPTION A LA CONFERENCE					      *
***********************************************************************

Inscription anticipee:

  - Avant le 23 juin 1995

Inscription au tarif regulier:

  - Apres le 23 juin 1995

Veuillez vous  reporter au formulaire  d'inscription afin  de connaitre
les  tarifs. Le reglement des  frais d'inscription permet l'acces  a la
conference. Sont  inclus egalement 3 petits-dejeuners,  3 dejeuners, un 
souper, une copie des actes et une adhesion a Super*Can.

***********************************************************************
* COMITE ORGANISATEUR						      *
***********************************************************************

Direction de la conference:
---------------------------

M. V. Van Dongen, CRIM
1801 Avenue McGill College, Bureau 800
Montreal, PQ, Canada, H3A 2N4

E-mail:   	[email-masked]
Tel: 	  	1-514-398-5404
Telecopie:	1-514-398-1244

Exposants:
----------

M. Ron Crossan, R Crossan Consulting
795 Muir, Bureau 1101
Saint-Laurent, PQ, Canada, H4Lÿ5H8

E-mail:		[email-masked]
Tel./Telecopie:	1-514-747-5045

Administration:
---------------

Mme Anne Levesque, CRIM
1801 Avenue McGill College, Bureau 800
Montreal, PQ, Canada, H3A 2N4

E-mail:   	[email-masked]
Tel: 	 	1-514-398-1311
Telecopie:	1-514-398-1244 

Secretariat:
------------

Melle Chantal Legare, CRIM
1801 Avenue McGill College, Bureau 800
Montreal, PQ, Canada, H3A 2N4

E-mail:		[email-masked]
Tel:	 	1-514-398-1234
Telecopie:	1-514-398-1244 

***********************************************************************
* COMITE DE PROGRAMMATION					      *
***********************************************************************

F. Andre (IRISA - Rennes, France)
M. Annaratone (DEC - Maynard, USA)
C. Baru (IBM Toronto Labs - Toronto, Canada)
L. Bauwens (U. of Calgary, Calgary, Canada)
F. Bodin (IRISA - Rennes, France)
U. Bruening (GMD - Berlin, Germany)
B. Chaib-Draa (U. Laval - Quebec, Canada)
T. Crainic (CRT - Montreal, Canada)
M. Dayde (ENSEEIHT-IRIT - Toulouse, France)
R. Duquette (IREQ - Varennes, Canada)
P. Feautrier (U. de Versailles - Paris, France)
M. Feeley (U. de Montreal - Montreal, Canada)
D. Gannon (Indiana U. - Indiana, USA)
G.R. Gao (McGill U. - Montreal, Canada)
B. Goulard (U. de Montreal - Montreal,  Canada)
W. Habashi (Concordia U. and CERCA - Montreal, Canada)
H. Hum (Concordia U. - Montreal, Canada)
L. Mason (INRS - Montreal, Canada)
S. Miguet (LIP - Lyon, France)
R. Noumeir (ETS - Montreal, Canada)
B. O'Farrell (IBM - Toronto, Canada)
N. Paris (Hyperparallel - Paris, France)
Y. Robert (LIP - Lyon, France)
J.-F. Rotge (U. de Montreal - Montreal, Canada)
Y. Savaria (E. Polytechnique - Montreal, Canada)
A. Schaffer (Rice - Houston, USA)
A. Singh (U. of Waterloo - Waterloo, Canada)
A. Skorek (UQTR - Trois-Rivieres, Canada)
S. Thomas (RPN - Dorval, Canada)
B. Tourancheau (LIP - Lyon, France)
G. Vezina (CRDV - Quebec, Canada)
G.T. Vuong (HQ - Montreal, Canada)

***********************************************************************
* EXPOSANTS							      *
***********************************************************************

Les organisateurs de la conference High Performance Computing Symposium
ont  fait cette  annee un  effort particulier  afin  de  presenter  des
activites interessantes pour les representants de l'industries.

Dans le programme preliminaire ci-joint, vous pourrez constater que les
articles techniques  sont centres, comme toujours, sur  les universites
et les laboratoires de recherche. Ces articles, presentes par un groupe
de  chercheurs internationaux  de talent,  devraient  sans  aucun doute
interesser les scientifiques et les  representants de l'industrie, dans
la  mesure ou ils  offrent une opportunuite  unique  de  s'informer des
derniers  developpements dans le  domaine de la recherche sur le calcul
haute performance (HPC).

En  complement des articles  techniques,  une  serie de  demonstrations
industrielles seront effectuees  afin de presenter les problemes regles
quotidiennement  grace aux outils et aux  techniques HPC. Nous invitons
les  representants  de  l'industrie  a nous  contacter  s'ils  ont  des
applications  interessantes a  partager avec leurs collegues lors de la
conference.

La  session d'ouverture sera  marquee par  un expose de M. Jon Gerrard,
Secretaire  d'Etat  pour  la Science, Recherche  et  Developpement.  Sa
presentation mettra tres certainement l'accent sur l'amelioration de la
competitivite  de l'industrie canadienne  resultant de l'adoption de la
technologie HPC. Ce message sera immediatement suivi de la presentation
de M. Ron Crossan qui nous donnera un sommaire des resultats de l'etude
canadienne  sur  HPC faite  par  sa firme,  au  nom du  CITI, le Centre
d'Innovation  en  Technologies  de  l'Information,  un  laboratoire  de
recherche d'Industrie  Canada. Cette  presentation enumerera les recom-
mandations faites par un comite compose de 16 representants de l'indus-
trie, de l'enseignement et du gouvernement des provinces du Canada. Cet
expose comparera egalement les differentes utilisations de la technolo-
gie HPC au Canada, aux Etats-Unis, en Europe et au Japon.

D'autres  presentations seront  effectuees parallelement  aux presenta-
tions techniques  par: i) des utilisateurs industriels, qui discuteront
des applications et des outils HPC  qu'ils utilisent; ii) des construc-
teurs/vendeurs qui exposeront du materiel, des  logiciels, des produits
de  communications ainsi  que leur vision des futures  technologies. La
conference comportera egalement  un espace d'exhibition ou les partici-
pants  pourront  decouvrir  les derniers  produits  disponibles  sur le
marche.

Finalement, il est important de noter  que la conference de cette annee
est ciblee sur le calcul et les communications  haute performance. Nous
avons choisi le terme HPC a cause de sa plus grande generalite par rap-
port au  terme "Supercalculateur" qui  est  normalement  associe  a des
machines  vectorielles  de tres  grandes puissances  et de  cout eleve.
Cette conference est destinee a couvrir l'ensemble des plates-formes de
calcul et  de communication  pouvant etre  utilisees dans la resolution
des grands defis rencontres au Canada, allant  du simple reseau de sta-
tions de travail utilise pour le calcul parallele jusqu'aux ordinateurs
massivement  paralleles et vectoriels. La  conference comportera egale-
ment  des forums  de discussions  sur les nouvelles  applications de la
technologie HPC pour les applications commerciales. On inclut dans cet-
te categorie la recherche d'informations par les systemes paralleles de
gestion de base de donnees ainsi  que les tres grands serveurs d'infor-
mations pour l'autoroute electronique. De ce point  de vue, l'expose de
Geoffrey  Fox, Fondateur d'InfoMall a l'Universite de Syracuse, devrait
etre particulierement  interessant. InfoMall est un programme de trans-
fert de la technologie HPC vers l'industrie privee, principalement dans
le domaine des applications commerciales  multimedias. Ce programme est
compose de plus de  60 membres dont  la majorite provient d'entreprises
du secteur prive.

En conclusion, les  organisateurs  de HPCS'95  ont deployes  de serieux
efforts afin  d'inclure des activites d'interets pour  l'industrie. Ces
efforts  seront recompenses si  les representants de l'industrie assis-
tent et jouent un  role actif. Nous vous  encourageons a  nous  envoyer
votre inscription complete avant  le 23 juin 1995. Pour plus d'informa-
tions, veuillez contacter le responsable des exposants.

***********************************************************************
* EXHIBITION							      *
***********************************************************************

Lundi et mardi:	de 10h a 18h

Mercredi:	de 10h a 13h

***********************************************************************
* PROGRAMME PRELIMINAIRE					      *
***********************************************************************

Lundi 10 juillet 1995
=====================

8h00 - 9h00	Petit dejeuner et inscription

9:00 - 9:30	Session d'ouverture			       G.R. Gao

* Mot de bienvenu

  M. V. Van Dongen, CRIM, Canada

* Discours d'ouverture
   
  M. J. Gerrard, Industrie Canada

9h30 - 10h00	Conferencier invite

* Review of the CITI (Industry Canada) Study on HPC

   Ron Crossan

10h00 -	10h30	Pause
		  commanditee par ALEX Informatique Inc.

10h30 - 12h00	Recherche, presentations I

Distribution des donnees et des calculs		      	       F. Andre
---------------------------------------

* Global Optimization of Data Mapping and Task Scheduling On Parallel
  Machines Using Concurrent Model-based Programming

  R. Lassajoux, C. Guetier and J. Jourdain, Thomson-CSF, France
                                
* Automatic Mapping of Scans and Reductions     

  M. Barreteau and P. Feautrier, laboratoire PRiSM, Universite de
    Versailles, France

* An approach for Array Placement for Large Scientific Programs

  J.-Y. Berthou, M. Raji-Werth and P. Feautrier laboratoire PRiSM,
    Universite de Versailles, France      

CFD							      A. Skorek
---

* Remote Computation and Visualization of Detonations using the
  Canadian NTN Testbed

  L. Bauwens and D. Williams, Universite de Calgary, Canada

* Parallel Complexity of CFD: Reassessment and Implications

  G. Chukkapalli and S. Karpik, Universite de Toronto, Canada

* Relativistic Computational Fluid Dynamics - Parallel Implementation
  of Essentially Non-oscillatory Shock Capturing Schemes

  A. Dolezal and S.S.M. Wong, Universite de Toronto, Canada    

12h00 - 14h00	Dejeuner
		  commandite par HNSX Supercomputers Inc.

14h00 - 15h00	Recherche, presentations II

Reseaux d'interconnexion				      M. Le Fur
------------------------

* The LANL Cross Bar Interface:  Functions and Performance

  R. Thomsen and C. Idler, LANL, USA

* The W-Network:  A Low-Cost Fault-Tolerant Multistage Interconnection
  Network for Fine-Grain Multiprocessing

  Kevin B. Theobald, McGill Universite, Canada

Algebre lineaire				      	      S. Thomas
-----------------

* A Family of Parallel QR Factorization Algorithms

  M. Pascale and G.G.L. Meyer, Johns Hopkin Engineering, USA

* Integrated communication and computation for a Jacobi-like
  eigensolver on a 2D grid

  M. Pourzandi and B. Tourancheau, laboratoire LIP, ENS-Lyon, France           

15h00 - 15h30	Pause

15h30 - 18h00	Posters

* A Comparison of the Communication Performance of Express and PVM on
  High-Performance Architectures

  I. Ahmad, M.Y. Bazarwala and Y.-C. Wong, Universite de Science &
    Technologie de Hong Kong , Chine

* High Performance Protocol Implementation for Flexible Quality of
  Service (QoS)

  I. Miloucheva and B. Metzler, Universite Technique de Berlin, Allemagne

* Parallel Dense Linear System Solvers and Parallel Benchmarking

  S.W. Song and R.E. Baddour, Institut de Dynamique Marine, Canada

* Parallel Implementation of Fractal Image Compression on KSR1

  H. Lin and A.N. Venetsanopoulos, Universite de Toronto, Canada

* Parallel Algorithms For Solving Large Systems of Linear Equations By
  The Method Of Projections Onto Convex Sets

  G.E. Mailloux and R. Lemieux, Hopital du Sacre-Coeur, Canada

* Numerical simulation of HCN in an intense laser field

  C. Dion, S. Chelkowski and A.D. Bandrauk, Universite de Sherbrooke, Canada  

* Execution and Communication Modeling for Scheduling Low Level
  Computer Vision Algorithms on Networks of Heterogeneous Machines

  A.R. Nolan, B. Everding and W. Wee, Universite de Cincinnati, USA

* Array Data Layout for the Reduction of Cache Conflicts in Loop Nests

  N. Manjikian and T. Abdelrahman, Universite de Toronto, Canada

* Loop Transformation Algorithm to Efficiently Insert Prefetching
  Instructions

  S.-J. Hwang and M.-S. Park, Universite de Koree, Koree du Sud

* Efficient Graphical Applications on a Distributed Computing
  Environment

  M. Hamdi and F.M. Lim , Hong Kong Universite of Science & Technology, Chine

* Genetic Algorithms Applied to Routing Optimization in K-ary N-cubes

  F.J. Gonzalez, J.S. Suarez and F.J. Rodriguez, Universite de Vigo, Espagne

* A Performance Model for the CM5

  J.J. Carring Jr and G.G.L. Meyer, Universite John Hopkins, USA

* Contention Minimization in Regular Wormhole Routing Networks

  U.H. Nguyen, H. Hosseinie and L. Tao, Universite Concordia, Canada

* Large scale numerical modeling of postglacial rebound Part 2: Model
  validation

  Z. Ni and P. Wu, Universite de Calgary, Canada 

* A Process Migration and Load Management Tool

  C. Scheurer, H. Scheurer and P.G. Kropf, Universite Laval, Canada

Mardi 11 juillet 1995
=====================

8h00 - 9h00	Petit dejeuner et inscription
		  commandite par Cray Research (Canada) Inc.

9h00 - 10h00	Conferencier invite

* Why is There Such a Mis-Match Between User Needs and Parallel Tools ?

  Dr. C. Pancake

10h00 - 10h30	Pause
		  commanditee par Digital Equipment Canada Ltee

10h30 - 12h00	Recherche, presentations I

 Modules de compilation					     C. Bonello
------------------------
	
* Distributed Array Management for HPF Compilers

  Y. Maheo and J.-L. Pazat, IRISA, France          

* Scanning Parameterized Polyhedron using Fourier Motzkin Elimination

  M. Le Fur, IRISA, France                              

* The Design and Implementation of the Accurate Array Data-flow
  Analysis in the HPC Compiler

  R. Wen, G.R. Gao and V. Van Dongen, Universite McGill et CRIM, Canada       

Applications scientifiques				     L. Bauwens
--------------------------

* Finite Element Modelling for Marine Electromagnetic Petroleum
  Exploration

  T.T. Boyce and I.J. Ferguson, Universite du Manitoba, Canada            

* The Skyrme Model on a Lattice

  K. Li and S.S.M. Wong, Universite de Toronto, Canada                                      

* Collisions of Solutions of Nonlinear Classical Theories of Complex
  Scalar Fields on a 64-transputer MIMD machine

  M. Sanielevici and P. Valin, Universite de Montreal, Canada                    

12h00 - 14h00	Dejeuner
		  commandite par Silicon Graphics
		  D. Egan, Supercomputing in the America's Cup

14h00 - 15h00	Recherche, presentations II 

ATM								 H. Hum	
---

* Converting Multiple OC-3c ATM Streams to HIPPI to Drive   an HDTV
  Frame Buffer From a Workstation Cluster

  D.E. Tolmie, A.G. Dornhoff and A.J. Dubois, LANL, USA

* An Overview of Cell-Level ATM Network Simulation

  G. Kesidis and A. Singh, Universite de Waterloo, Canada

Equilibrage de charge en imagerie 3D			      G. Vezina	
------------------------------------

* Load Balancing for a Parallel Radiosity Algorithm

  W. Sturzlinger, G. Schaufler and J. Volkert, GUP Linz, Austria       

* A load-balanced parallel implementation of the Marching-Cubes

  S. Miguet and J.-M. Nicod, laboratoire LIP, ENS-Lyon, France

15h00 - 15h30	Pause
		  commanditee par Cray Research (Canada) Inc.

15h30 - 17h00	Recherche, presentations III

Imagerie parallele et visualisation			      S. Miguet
-----------------------------------

* A library for Visualization and Steering of Distributed Simulations
  using PVM and AVS

  J.A. Kohl and P.M. Papadopoulos, ORNL, USA

* Comparison of Parallel Reconstruction Algorithms for 3D X-Ray
  Tomography on MIMD Computers

  C. Laurent, F. Peyrin and J.-M. Chassery, laboratoire TIMC-IMAG, France

* Visibility Analysis on a Massively Data-Parallel Computer

  D. Germain, G. Vezina and D. Laurendeau, Universite Laval et Centre de
    Recherche Defence Valcartier, Canada

Applications non numeriques				  B. Chaib-Draa
---------------------------
	
* A Practical Algorithm for Integer Sorting on a Mesh- Connected
  Computers

  N. Folwell, S. Guha and I. Suzuki, Universite du Wisconsin, USA

* Multiple Principal Variation Splitting Search

  T.A. Marsland, Y. Gao, A. Reinefeld and A. Yonezawa, Universite de
    l'Alberta, Canada

* Analysis and Taxonomy of Skew in Parallel Databases

  K.H. Liu, Y. Jiang and C.H.C. Leung, TERABYTE DATABASE Group, Universite
    de Technologie de Victoria, Australia

18h00 - 23h00	Banquet

Mercredi 11 juillet 1995
========================

8h00 - 9h00	Petit dejeuner

9h00 - 10h00	Recherche, presentation I

Routage							    R. Duquette
-------

* Performance Analysis of Wormhole-Routed Hypergraph and Multi-Stage
  Interconnection Networks

  M. Ould-Khaoua, L.M. Machenzie and R. Sotudeh, Universite de Teesside, UK

* Direction-First e-cube: A New Routing Algorithm for k-ary n-cube
  Networks

  E. Demaine and S. Srinivas, Universite Dalhousie, Canada

Architectures paralleles dediees			     Y. Savaria
--------------------------------

* High-Performance Computing Using a Reconfigurable Accelerator

  R.W. Hartenstein, R. Kress and H. Reinig, Universite de Kaiserslautern,
    Germany

* A Codesign Methodology for High Performance Embedded Systems

  M. Langevin, J. Wilberg, P. Ploger and H.-T. Vierhaus, GMD-SET, Germany

10h00 - 10h30	Pause
		  commanditee par Convex Computer Canada Ltee

10h30 - 12h00	Recherche, presentations II 

Analyse de Performance					       A. Singh
----------------------

* A Tuple-Space Methodology to Reveal Parallelism and Achieve High
  Performance in Computation

  P. Chen and E.V. Krishnamurt, Universite Nationale D'Australie, Australie

* Parallel Performance Measures revisited

  I. Chabini and B. Gendron, Centre de recherche sur les transports,
    Universite de Montreal, Canada

* Visualization, Execution Control and Replay of Massively Parallel
  Programs within Annai's Debugging Tool

  C. Clemencon, J. Fritscher and R. Ruhl, Centre de Calcul Scientifique
    Suisse, Suisse

Decomposition et distribution de donnees		       M. Dayde
----------------------------------------

* Analysis of Grid Partitioning Techniques for an Ocean Model

  M. Konchady, Goddard Space Flight Center, USA

* Dynamic load balancing in a parallel particle simulation

  S. Miguet and J.-M. Pierson, laboratoire LIP, ENS-Lyon, France

* Parallelizing a powerful Monte Carlo method for electron beam dose
  calculations

  W. Volken, P. Kropf, H. Neuenschwander and P. Schwab, Universite Laval,
    Canada

12h00 - 14h00	Dejeuner, conferencier invite et cloture

* HPC at the Crossroads - Academic Niche or will Web Applications and
  Technologies lead to an Economic Development Cornucopia ?

  Dr. G. Fox

***********************************************************************
* FORMULAIRE D'INSCRIPTION					      *
***********************************************************************

			Formulaire d'inscription

Nom:	_______________________________________________________________	
	Prenom	                 Nom

Status (*):	__ Participant  __ Etudiant  __ Exposant

Organisation:	_______________________________________________________	

Adresse:	_______________________________________________________
	
Ville:		____________________	Code postal:	_______________

Pays:   	____________________	E-mail:	    ___________________

Telephone:	____________________	Telecopie:  ___________________

Special needs:  _______________________________________________________

Frais d'inscription:
====================

	   Inscription reguliere - avant le 23 juin

                 $ 295.00
               + $  20.65      Taxe federale
               + $  20.52      Taxe provinciale
                 --------
                 $ 336.17      Total

           Inscription reguliere sur place - apres le 23 juin

                 $ 395.00
               + $  27.65      Taxe federale
               + $  27.47      Taxe provinciale
                 --------
                 $ 450.12      Total

           Etudiant - inscription reguliere - avant le 23 juin

                 $  95.00
               + $   6.65      Taxe federale
               + $   6.61      Taxe provinciale
                 --------
                 $ 108.26      Total

           Etudiant - inscription sur place - apres le 23 juin

                 $ 145.00
               + $  10.15      Taxe federale
               + $  10.08      Taxe provinciale
                 --------
                 $ 165.23      Total

           Place supplementaire pour le banquet

                 $  50.00
               + $   3.50      Taxe federale
               + $   3.48      Taxe provinciale
                 --------
                 $  56.98      Total

        * le credit des membres du CRIM n'est pas applicable a cette
          conference

	* le credit d'impot remboursable a la formation n'est pas applicable
          a cette conference

	* aucun remboursement ne sera accorde

	* les paiments doivent etre effectues en dollars canadiens, chaque,
          mandats-postes, VISA ou MasterCard, payable a l'ordre du CRIM.
          Veuillez indiquer que votre paiement concerne la conference
          HPCS'95.

	* l'inscription comprend 3 petits-dejeuners, 3 dejeuners, le banquet
          ainsi qu'une adhesion a Super*Can

	* GST (R100884675)

	* PST (1006405599-TQ001)

Paiment:	__ Cheque  __ Mandat poste  __ VISA  __ MasterCard

>> Libellez le cheque a l'ordre de:	CRIM

Si vous utilisez une carte VISA/MasterCard, veuillez s'il-vous-plait
remplir la section suivante:

Numero de carte VISA/MasterCard: _______________________________________

Date d'expiration:		 __ __ / __ __

Signature:			 _______________________________________

Date:				 _______________________________________

>> L'INSCRIPTION NE SERA EFFECTIVE QU'AU PAIEMENT FINAL

Veuillez s'il vous plait retourner a:

	Chantal Legare, CRIM
	1801 Avenue McGill College, Bureau 800
	Montreal, PQ, Canada, H3A 2N4

	E-mail:	[email-masked]
	Tel:	1-514-398-1234
	Fax:	1-514-398-1244