Subject: Re: LOTOS tools

From: Eric Madelaine <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 1995 16:38:46 +0100

|this can be specified using LOTOS. using g-lotos, this structure is no
|longer visible.
|are there tools to draw LOTOS processes as efsm in a similar way ?

Not in our tools, at least not directly.
You may ask Gunter Karjoth (I'm not sure of its current email) about what
would be available in the Loewe toolset. Loewe is based on efsm. But I know
that Gunter is not working on Loewe any longer....

It is possible in Autograph (or ATG, that's its new name) to draw automata
with labels on the form "gate ? event", but they would be uninterpreted, and
I'm not sure how you could use those currently.
Conversely, if you have a full Lotos specification, then there are indirect
ways to compute their EFSM, and to display it with labels as above, in which
events would be particular values of data, not symbolic expressions. This
would be done with e.g. the CAESAR tools, or to a certain extend, within
Minilite, with the EFSM->FC2 function.

|for use in multiproessor systems, typically software described
|by one LOTOS specification is to be generated !? is it possible
|to simulate or combine a number of "specification", connected using
|their interfaces

A priori no... except in a certain sense using "topo", like Pepe Manas
demonstrated on a network of PC e.g. at Forte'(I don't remember which one; ask
him).

Eric.